The Charles Booth Conference and its sponsors, LOGOS, Mt. Olivet Baptist Church, Urban Ministries Inc. (UMI) and United Theological Seminary have announced the opening of registration for the Seventh Annual Charles E. Booth Preaching Conference. This 3-day conference will take place May 16-18 in Columbus, Ohio at the Embassy Suites Columbus Airport.
Distinguished guests and speakers will include Dr. Frank A. Thomas, Professor Christian Theological Seminary, Dr. Wayne E. Croft, Jeremiah A Wright, Sr., Dr. Alfonza W. Fullwood, and C. Jeffrey Wright, CEO of UMI.
Pastors and Christian educators are invited to engage in a discussion on the 2017 conference theme: “What is the Future of African-American Preaching?” Additionally, the conference will focus on five key outcomes: Keeping Passion in One’s Preaching, Christ-Centered Preaching in Contemporary Life, Building Relationships in the Preaching Fraternity, Strengthen the Preacher’s Devotional Life, and Remaining True to the Sermonic Ingredients: the Wedding of Information and Inspiration.
Dr. Charles E. Booth, Conference Founder recently shared his stance on the role Christianity and preaching plays in re-shaping communities and the current social climate. “We are living in unpredictable times and the climate of the times is changing on every level of human endeavor,” said Booth. “The Christian preacher is spiritually deputized with the responsibility of proclaiming the Gospel of Jesus Christ, remaining true to the biblical text while simultaneously making the World applicable to the human predicament.”
Dr. Booth also hopes to reach a new generation of leaders in the church. “When I speak of what is the future of African-American preaching, I am not speaking of what will occur in the next ten-twenty years. I am speaking of the here and now!” Booth continued, “There must be a serious evaluation of the content of black preaching and an assessment must be made as to its strengths and weaknesses.”
More information about the upcoming conference can be found here.
The Charles E. Booth Preaching Conference came into being in 2011 to address the issue of dearth when considering the current trend in preaching, in general, and African-American preaching in particular. The absence of the pulpit prophetic in addressing the concerns that challenge our people necessitate such a conference.
Patricia H. Scott
(614) 221-3446 Ext. 122
SHARE ON SOCIAL MEDIA
2017 CHARLES E. BOOTH PREACHING CONFERENCE
Social Media Kit
- What is the future of African-American Preaching? Join the discussion, May 16-18 in Columbus, OH. cebpreachingconference.com #CEBPC17
- I’m attending the 2017 @DrCharlesEBooth Preaching Conference in Columbus, OH, May 16-18! See you there? cebpreachingconference.com #CEBPC17
- Join me on May 16-18 in Columbus, OH for #CEBPC17 and a Historical Overview of African-American Preaching: cebpreachingconference.com
- UMI has partnered with Charles Booth and will have special offers available during #CEBPC17! See you there?
- Receive special offers from @UMIChicago at the upcoming 2017 Charles E. Booth Preaching Conference! #CEBPC17
- I’m joining @UMIChicago at the 2017 Charles E. Booth Preaching Conference! RT to save on selected items. #CEBPC17
Copy and Paste:
- SAVE THE DATE! The 7th Annual Charles E. Booth Conference will be in Columbus, Ohio, May 16 – 18, 2017. Don’t miss this opportunity to be part of the discussion surrounding the future of African American preaching.
- The CEO of Urban Ministries, Inc, C. Jeffrey Wright joins a host of notable leaders in Christian Education as a speaker at the 2017 Charles E. Booth Preaching Conference! When: May 16, 2017. Register now to attend this annual event in Columbus, Ohio.
- UMI has partnered with the Charles E. Booth Preaching Conference! We will have special offers and information about upcoming workshops, and products – including the Africa Study Bible! Register now. We hope to see you there! #CEBPC17
- Register for the upcoming Charles E Booth Preaching Conference! May 16 – 18, 2017 in Columbus, OH. More Info: www.cebpreachingconference.com #CEBPC17
- The 7th Annual Charles E. Booth Conference is quickly approaching! Register and join other Christian leaders and educators, May 16 – 18 in Columbus, OH. www.cebpreachingconference.com #CEBPC17
- The CEO of Urban Ministries, Inc, C. Jeffrey Wright joins a host of notable leaders in Christian Education as a speaker at the 2017 Charles E. Booth Preaching Conference! When: May 16, 2017. Register now to attend this annual event in Columbus, Ohio. www.cebpreachingconference.com #CEBPC17
- UMI has partnered with the Charles E. Booth Preaching Conference! We will have special offers and information about upcoming workshops, and products – including the Africa Study Bible! Register now. We hope to see you there! www.cebpreachingconference.com #CEBPC17